Hello H&S reps,
In case you have not received any information about training for the year, here is are the two days the District is offering: Feb 24 and March 9th.
The 24th date is the Pro D day (Tapestry Conference). This date works for CUPE but we do not usually attend on this day because it is a day for teacher professional development. We recommend the March date. It is a full day of training. The info is posted below:
March 9, 2017
Time: 8:00am until 3:00pm at SJ Willis - Auditorium
1. JOHS Committee Orientation from 8:00am-9:30am
2. Accident Investigation from 9:30am-10:30am
3. Asbestos from 10:45am-11:30am
4. Risk Assessment from noon-1:00pm
5. WorkSafeBC Legislation Changes from 2:00pm-3:00pm
6. Violence Prevention Protocol from 3:00pm-4:00pm
Please remember that as a JOHS Committee member you are entitled to 8 hours of training in a year. The District is responsible for the release time. If you take training, in place of what the District is offering, the District is also responsible for any travel costs, accommodation costs, the cost of the course and a per diem for meals. There is a process for requesting training stated in the Terms of Reference for your committee.